Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 127132
APAC Texas Inc., Trotti & Thomson, an Oldcastle Material Company, is located at the heart of Jefferson County. Because of its diverse economy, Beaumont has long been home to APAC-Texass most eclectic branch. Our branches are locally run and managed by the best people in the business. Our employees are our most valuable resource. Our primary goal is to send every employee home in the same condition they arrived to work in.
This position offers a diverse set of entry level and accounting related job responsibilities. The desired candidate will embrace a team concept when completing assigned tasks along with a strong commitment to do whatever is necessary to perform high quality work, meet deadlines and finish assigned tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Supports the organization with research and analysis of financial records as directed by management.
- Ensure internal controls are maintained to safeguard the financial assets of the company.
- Setup new construction projects and change orders on existing projects, including PO setups.
- Accurately record project billings and subcontractor payments
- Work with field managers to ensure project transactions are accurately recorded
- Prepare and submit required documents as required by customers
- Analyze project trends relating to cost and billings, identify over/under budget items
- Records state, county and local sales taxes.
- Coordinate posting and maintenance activities for the construction projects
- Executes the monthly closing procedures which include recording journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts and ensuring all entries are properly recorded.
- Performs financial analysis as directed by accounting management for support of business decisions by management.
- Assist with requests documentation related to external and internal audits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 1 3 years of experience in a construction accounting environment preferred.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the office dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time. <li>Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to analyze issues independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Knowledge and/or previous related experience in financial accounting environment preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Effective analytical and communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Demonstrated, effective skills in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency in personal computers/word processing, spreadsheets/databases, and relevant software packages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Standard office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC - Texas Inc., Trotti & Thomson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
APAC - Texas Inc., Trotti & Thomson is part of theOldcastlecareersnetwork.<div>
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 73047712 beaumont