Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 3:08 AM
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Other Potential Locations:Beaumont, TX
Anticipated Start Date:
Number of Positions:12
Entry rate of pay is approximately 23.08 per hour,
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) Maintenance of track infrastructure including: construction, inspection and repair of track and other railroad property/facilities; 2) equipment operation and maintenance; and 3) travel and work within assigned geographic area.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures such as: wear required safety equipment; respond to and act on safety concerns.
TRACK MAINTENANCE REPAIR AND INSTALLATION: Repair and rebuild railroad track, using power and non:power hand tools. Lift/carry track material; cut brush, trees and vegetation; clear right:of:way of litter and cargo spillage. Maintenance performed by pulling spikes from ties, drilling holes through rails for bolt insertion, and fitting bolts.
MAINTAIN TRACKBED: Cut rail, manually compress ballast, remove/install ties, lift, roll, and adjust rails, and lift/carry track material with assistance.
OPERATE EQUIPMENT: Remove/replace ballast; operate non:powered hand tools such as: shovels, picks, axes, cutters, sledgehammers; operate proper electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic hand tools such as: drills, impact wrenches, jacks, power saws, grinders.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- 18 years of age or older
- HS diploma or GED
- Available to work in geographic area indicated
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Available to work full:time (40 hrs/wk) subject to overtime, on:call (24/7), alternate shifts, nights, weekends, holidays
- Available to travel to and remain on job sites in designated seniority regionand remain on sitefor extended periods, sometimes days or weeks at atime
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs frequently
- Possess a valid state:issued driver's license
- Able to visually distinguish colors : red, blue, green, yellow; hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Able to work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb on/off equipment
- Able to work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand and sit for extended time; and use hand tools
- Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
Training: Company:paid on:the:job training.
Relocation: Assistance not available.
Work Conditions: Extreme all:weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
Seniority District Transfers: Per union agreement, seniority:based, Director approval required.
Probationary Period: 60 days.
Travel: Frequent and extensive over a large geographic region.
Shifts/Hours: Full:time, subject to on:call, overtime, nights, alternate shifts, weekends, holidays.
Union: Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees.
Dues: Per union agreement; membership and dues required.
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
• Location: Beaumont/Pt Arthur
• Post ID: 74001332 beaumont