Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:26 PM
Job Role Summary 13;
The CSS, working on a shifting day/night schedule, is responsible for operating the unit console (the distributed control system) safely and reliably from a centralized control center not located at the process unit. The CSS will supervise and is accountable for the safety of the operations personnel on the unit. This position is responsible for driving safety improvements with targeted discussions of applicable hazards and reporting loss and near loss incidents. The CSS is responsible to operate the unit within all safe operating limits while optimizing the unit to fill capacity and minimize waste, e.g. energy, catalyst, and chemical consumption. The work location for the CSS will be the ExxonMobil Beaumont Refinery.
Job Role Responsibilities 13;
* Demonstrate leadership in Personnel and Process Safety by driving systems and reinforcing the behaviors necessary to achieve Nobody Gets Hurt.
* Interact with other CSSs in the control center to ensure flawless operations across the site
* Supervise and develop operations personnel
* Accountable for the following performance results, among others:
* Operation of the facility within safe operating limits
* Responding to and improving alarm metrics associated with the units console
* Ensuring all products are made within specifications
* Leading the operations team in execution of safe operating procedures
* Managing the defeat or failure of safety critical equipment
* Filling the unit to its full capacity and optimizing to constraints while minimizing costs
* Detection and prompt reporting of facility issues/malfunctions, especially instrumentation
* Safely operating the unit through unplanned abnormal or non:routine operations
Expected Level of Proficiency 13;
* Demonstrated relevant work experience in refinery operations
* A minimum of five years of experience in similar role is required
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Location: Beaumont/Pt Arthur
• Post ID: 74787352 beaumont