Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:02 AM
Job Role Summary 13;
The STS, working on a shifting day/night schedule, is responsible for supervising operations personnel on the unit. This individual is accountable for the safety of the team. He or she will drive safety improvements with targeted discussions of applicable hazards and report of loss and near loss incidents. The STS ensures that the operations team is performing all tasks according to site standards. The STS will ensure that equipment has been properly prepared for maintenance and is safe to work on. The work location for the STS will be the ExxonMobil Beaumont Refinery.
Primary Job Functions 13;
* Demonstrate leadership in Personnel and Process Safety by driving systems and reinforcing the behaviors necessary to achieve Nobody Gets Hurt.
* Lead the weekly safety meeting and drive use of behavioral based safety systems
* Lead the site in emergency response events when and if they arise
* Supervise the work activities of the operations team and ensure, among others:
* Activities are performed according to safe operating procedures and standards
* Defeat or failure of safety critical equipment is mitigated to restore functionality
* Equipment is prepared such that maintenance can be performed safely
* A high quality safe work permit is issued prior to any work progressing on the unit
* The operations team is making quality surveillance rounds on equipment
* Emergency drills are executed on a routine basis to prepare for unplanned events
* Training, both formal and on the job, is being administered to develop the team
* Shift handover quality is excellent and strong continuity is maintained across the shift
* Clear expectations are set for the operations team
* The team is held accountable, both positively and constructively, for their performance
Job Requirements 13;
* Demonstrated relevant work experience in petrochemical or refinery operations
* A minimum of five years of experience in similar role is required
* Strong knowledge of process operations hazards and background in troubleshooting
Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities 13;
* Comprehensive knowledge of refinery operations
* Operations supervisory or managerial experience
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to drive unpopular decisions when required
* Strong background with a refinery technology or processing unit
* Basic ability and experience with respect to equipment repair, e.g. small diameter pipe, tubing, instruments, etc.
* Ten years of experience in similar role is preferred
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Location: Beaumont/Pt Arthur
• Post ID: 74818637 beaumont